News Flash Home
The original item was published from 11/22/2019 11:58:15 AM to 1/3/2020 12:00:03 AM.

News Flash


Posted on: November 22, 2019

[ARCHIVED] Important Holiday Safety Tips from the Public Safety Department/Fire Division

Rockledge Fire Division

It’s the Holiday Season. The season of love, family time, great meals and lots of memories. But if you’re not careful it can also be the season of tragedy. The Rockledge Department of Public Safety is dedicated to our mission – and a large part of that mission is prevention.

Please…be safe this Holiday Season.

  • Christmas Trees – they dry out and burn quickly - in a matter of minutes an entire room can catch fire. Smoke spreads quickly throughout a house and can easily overcome anyone inside at the time. Be sure to water your tree often!
  • Cooking – don’t leave food unattended - a pot on the stove left unattended is a recipe for disaster. The smoke and flames can quickly turn a Holiday meal into a terrible Holiday disaster. Never leave anything cooking unattended!
  • Electrical Hazards –don’t plug too many things into an outlet! 
  • Candles – never leave burning candles unattended
  • Space Heaters – never place close to things that will burn. A space heater puts out a lot of heat. If left unattended and too close to furniture, clothes or drapes this wonderful source of comfort can quickly become a horrific situation. Never place them too close to anything!
  • Unattended Outdoor Fires – don’t leave fires unattended

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Rockledge Department of Public Safety, Division of Fire (321) 221-7540. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

SAFETY 1_Page_1

Facebook Twitter Email